Senior actuary and firm principal, James (Jay) Jeffery, became a qualified actuary in 1973 and entered the actuarial evidence field in 1993. Jay has prepared over 12,500 professional reports over the years and has been accepted as an expert in court on more than 60 occasions. He has built and maintained a reputation for combining technical expertise with excellent communication skills.
“Jay Jeffery's experience and qualifications as an actuary who can give expert evidence..., was not questioned. He is highly regarded in his field.” Bennett v. Bennett 2003, CanLII 1957 (ON S.C.), Aston J., paragraph 26.
A longtime resident of London, Ontario, Jay studied Mathematics at the University of Western Ontario prior to embarking on his actuarial career. He is Vice-Chair of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries Committee on Actuarial Evidence.
Having joined DJA in 1989, our office manager, Maryann Paddick, is the longest serving member of the firm. She is knowledgeable in our business, and provides important support in data management and report preparation. Maryann is the first point of contact for clients who telephone our offices.
DILKES, JEFFERY & ASSOCIATES, INC.
Jay is often asked to speak to lawyers and in front of other actuaries. Some recent examples:
· Canadian Institute of Actuaries Annual Meeting: Actuarial Evidence for Non-AE Actuaries (June 2011)
· Simcoe County Family Law Group (November 2011)
· Middlesex County Family Law Group (January 2012)
· Superior Court of Justice Spring Education Seminar (May 2012)
· County and District Law Presidents’ Association (May 2012)
· Windsor Family Law Group (June 2012)
· Osgoode Hall Professional Development CLE (December 2012)
Copyright 2012, Dilkes, Jeffery & Associates, Inc.